Animal Medical Center is seeking an experienced professional, Licensed Veterinary Technician, to fill the new position of Education Coordinator, Nursing Services. This is an opportunity to have a major impact on providing our nursing staff with the tools they need to continually provide exemplary customer service in every external and internal interaction.
• An Associate’s degree in an AVMA-accredited veterinary science technology program or equivalent with New York State Licensure.
• Minimum of 5 years of specialty hospital experience
• Prefer BA/BS in Education.
• Develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals
• Recruit, orient and train employees
• Provide nursing and technical guidance and leadership
• Establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships and customer satisfaction with all stakeholders.
• Ability to provide anesthesia
• Collaborate with the medical staff and all other AMC departments in the creation of training programs and educational tools to keep the skills of the Nursing Services staff and all other LVTs and Assistants at the highest possible levels.
• Assist in developing and continuously improving nursing care and technical standards across the organization
• Must be able to train for Anesthesia
• Develop and implement orientation programs for Licensed Veterinary Technicians and Assistants
• Evaluate LVT and Assistants need for Education
Interested and qualified candidates please email resumes/applications, with cover letters, to [email protected] or fax 212-758-8157.
To learn more about The Animal Medical Center, visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
© 2015 Advanstar Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited.
Please send any technical comments or questions to our webmasters.